- Posted on 13 Aug 2020
- Posted on 26 Jun 2020
- Posted on 26 Jun 2020
- Posted on 10 May 2020
- Posted on 24 Feb 2020
- More News
EasyCare Sheep Society AGM & Open Day 202026 Sep 2020
EasyCare Sheep Society
Society AGM & Open Day 2020
Saturday 26th September 2020
By kind permission of
Phillip Killick [01938 811159]
Chris Lloyd [07710 801474]
EasyCare Sheep contact – Louise Hobson 07931 756972
Plan of the day
10am arrival to
Tyn Llan Farm, Cefn Coch, Welshpool, Powys
To be followed brief introduction to the farm by Philip Killick
Farm tour at 11.30am
Lunch at 12-45 pm a farm building at Tyn Llan Farm
Approx 1.30pm leave for
‘Charlies Stores’, Coed-Y-Dinas, Welshpool SY21 8RP
Chris Lloyd’s farm surrounds the Welshpool ‘Charlie’s Stores’ branch
Arrival and introduction to Chris Lloyd’s farm at 2.15pm
Tour round Chris Lloyd’s farm
Vote of Thanks
End of the day
Toilets will be available at both sites and if you want some refreshments prior to your journey home there is a Pop up food & drink stand at ‘Charlie’s Stores’ until 4.30pm
I am advised that the sheep will be on display in sheds and close fields.
Attendees must register their names and addresses for Covid-19 tracing.
Bring a face covering of your choice & personal hand sanitisers
Directions to Tyn-Y-Llan Farm
From Welshpool –
Take the A458 towards Llanfair Caereinion.
Halfway through the town take the let fork across the bridge and go up the High Street.
The road bares to the right but after the corner take the left turn, opposite the churchyard.
Follow the road and pass the garage on the left.
Then take the right fork signed Cefn Coch.
Follow this road for a few miles until you see a left fork signed Llanllugan – take this fork.
‘What Three Words’ app address is perch.magic.stealing.
o-ordinates are 305778,302390 grid ref SJ05770239
Subject to alteration if Covid-19 rules change.
MAXIMUM of 30 attendees for the event so please register your interest
Due to the Covid -19 situation the events can be altered at any time. All Government guidelines will be adhered to at the Society events.
It is advisable to come equipped for all weather conditions & to meet all biosecurity measures in force.
- All Events
EasyCareTM Sheep Society Sale - Carlisle Market2 Oct 2020
ANNUAL AUTUMN SALE
of PURE BRED EASYCARE SHEEP
To be held at
Harrison & Hetherington Ltd
Borderway, Montgomery Way, Rosehill Roundabout, Carlisle CA1 2RS
FRIDAY, 2ND OCTOBER 2020
ENTRIES CLOSE : To be confirmed
SUBJECT TO COVID-19 REGULATIONS
IN FORCE AT TIME OF SALE
SCHEDULE & CLASSIFICATION
There will be no show - however, the sale is open to
1 Senior Ewes
2 Yearling Ewes
3 Ewe Lambs
4 Senior Rams
5 Yearling Rams
6 Ram Lambs
Females will be sold in the pens,(in £’s) rams sold through a ring (in Gns)
FEMALES WILL BE SOLD WITH A MINIMUM OF 5 PER PEN
RAMS ARE RESTRICTED TO NO MORE THAN 10 RAMS PER VENDOR
11th September 2020
(LATE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED)
SCRAPIE GENOTYPING is voluntary, if you scrapie genotype & or
myostatin test, please enter results and bring certificates with you.
SCAB – it is recommended that all sheep are treated for scab
SPECIAL REGULATIONS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. The show and sale will be held subject to the Rules and Regulations of
the EasyCare Sheep Society, the Conditions of Sale as recommended by
the LAA and the Auctioneers Standard Conditions of Sale.
2. ALL SHEEP OFFERED FOR SALE MUST BE THE PROPERTY OF A
CURRENT MEMBER OF THE SOCIETY AND CONFORM TO EASYCARE TYPE
3. Entry is open to MAEDI-VISNA and non Maedi-Visna flocks. All
relevant documentation must accompany all sheep.
4. All entries must be made on the official entry forms [please download] and must
be completed in all respects. Entries must be accompanied by the
ENTRY FEE. Entries will not be accepted if the relevant fees and
certificates are omitted.
FEMALES: £1.00 + VAT (£1.20) per head
Up to a maximum of £50 + VAT – over 50 Females no further entry fee
RAMS: £10.00 + VAT (£12.00) per head
5. Substitutes are allowed. Details of any substitutes must be lodged with
the Auctioneers ONE WEEK prior to the sale.
6. All sheep are warranted by vendor as correct in mouth and udder at the
time of the sale.
7. Vendors are responsible for taking their sheep to the sale ring and
returning them to the pens after being offered for sale.
8. All sheep MUST BE delivered to the sale premises on the morning of the sale
9. Sheep must have EasyCare printed on management part of tag (easy
to arrange with your tag supplier) or additional tag may be supplied by
ECSS, at the sale for additional cost.( 20p / tag)
10. Sheep must be hornless and have shed their fleece (no signs of
clipping). Upgrading ewes will be sold at end of sale.
11. Limited bedding will be provided but Vendors must provide
their own feed stuffs/buckets etc.
12. All Rams will be sold in guineas with a commission rate of 5%.
All females will be sold in £'s with a commission of 5%
Commission will be split between auctioneers and the society.
13. All transactions, either by auction or by private treaty following the
sale, must be passed through the Auctioneer’s Sale Office.
14. Vendors shall have the right to place a reserve price on any, or all, of
their sheep. This must be notified to the Auctioneers in writing,
preferably before the commencement of the sale, and will be treated
as a reserve and not a guide.
15. Ram entries are limited to a maximum of 10 Rams per vendor.
16. All Rams will be offered for sale subject to an upset price which will be
decided after consultation with the Auctioneer on the day of sale.
17. Any late entries are at the discretion of the auctioneer and will
automatically be sold at the end of the sale list.
- All Sales